Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion Fund (PRF)
The Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion Fund (PRF) provides multi-year flexible operating grants for B.C. Indigenous-led non-profits working to advance Indigenous poverty reduction and social inclusion in their communities.
Funding up to $100,000 per year, over two years is available for Indigenous-led non-profits to support immediate work in enhancing poverty reduction and social inclusion initiatives.
The Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion Fund (PRF) is intended to be low barrier and flexible source of funding for Indigenous-led non-profits needing a boost in their financial and service capacity to deliver on crucial poverty reduction and social inclusion initiatives.
The PRF was funded and made possible through New Relationship Trust’s partnership and collaboration with the Vancouver Foundation and BC Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.
The objectives of the PRF are:
- Provide funding to support or offset costs of Indigenous organizations working toward one or more of the 6 priority action areas as identified in the Province of B.C.’s Poverty Reduction Strategy including:
- Family, Children, Youth
- Income Supports
- Social Supports
- Reduce barriers, provide for cultural accommodation and flexibility for Indigenous led non-profits to access immediate funding to supplement their financial and service capacity in delivering poverty reduction and social inclusion initiatives.
Funds cannot be used for the following:
- Payments to reduce debt (loans and mortgages etc)
- Payments for acquisition of real property (land and buildings)
- Payments into or to establish an endowment fund
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants are:
- Registered societies/charities that are Indigenous-led and primarily serving indigenous populations, or
- Registered qualified donees that are Indigenous-led and primarily serving indigenous populations, and,
- Must be located and operating in British Columbia.
Each Grant will be $200,000 and disbursed in 2 payments of $100,000 over 2 years.
Funding Approval / Evaluations Process
The NRT will validate applications based on organization and project eligibility. Please allow 1 to 2 weeks after submitting a fully complete application to receive a funding decision.
Deliverable and Reporting Requirements
This funding program aims to share resources, knowledge, and lessons learned on completed projects such that other Nations and Indigenous communities contemplating the same or similar project can benefit to improve expectations of a successful project. NRT uses a basic final report tool and other communication approaches to identify successes, challenges, and other learning opportunities for each applicant.
Application coaching/assistance and Submission information
The New Relationship Trust is available to work with potential applicants. If you have questions, require assistance, or wish to request an application discussion, please reach out to us.
Completed applications, questions, final reports, and other follow-up matters can be submitted to prf@NRTF.ca
The PRF is a limited program fund which will have a continuous intake and approval process until all funds are committed.
Please note that the actual closing dates below are subject to change and will end earlier of the intake closing date indicated or when the annual funding available has been exhausted.
|February 20, 2024
|When funds are fully committed
The PRF Staff encourage potential applicants to reach out with any questions, or assistance with completing an application.
Please contact us at the email address below and we will respond as soon as we can, typically within 1 to 3 business days.
By Email: PRF@nrtf.ca
How to Apply
- Download, review and complete the Application below.
- Follow the application instructions on the application form.
- If you have questions or issues with the Application, please contact us at PRF@nrtf.ca and we will arrange a time to connect with you.
Open: February 20, 2024
Close: When funds are exhausted
Final Report Template
If you have completed your project, please download and complete the brief final report template and then send it to the contact listed on the form.