The Youth Grant program provides funding opportunities to youth groups in First Nation communities in British Columbia to support inclusiveness, belonging, physical and mental well-being, cultural, traditional, creative, and entrepreneurial activities all geared toward giving First Nation youth the tools, experiences, confidence, motivation, and teachings to be secure in their First Nation identity.
Who Can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation organizations that support Indigenous youth
- B.C. First Nation Youth Groups
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual intake and approval process will open each calendar year in May and close, the earlier of December or when the annual funding available has been exhausted.
- Up to $8,000 per year
Eligible Funding Activities (examples of past projects)
- Youth cooking classes
- Youth connections
- Arts and mentorship
- Hunting and cutting wood
- Youth cedar workshop
- Urban knowledge transfer ceremony
- Land-based cultural camps
- On the land excursions
- Food security workshops
- Gathering strength canoe journey
- Drum making workshop
- Cultural teachings
- Traditional medicines workshops
- Reclaiming our voice
- Lost art of storytelling
- Leadership and culture camp
- Summer sports day
How to Apply
- Download, review and complete the Youth Grant Application.
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange a time to connect with you.
Open: May 15, 2023
Close: June 5, 2023 as funds exhausted. Please check back May 2024.
Final Report Template
If you have completed your project, please download and complete the brief final report template and then send it to the contact listed on the form.