The Language Grant program provides funding opportunities to First Nation communities in British Columbia for initiatives that revitalize First Nation languages and supports activities that build capacity to encourage and create new fluent speakers.
Who Can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation Language Groups
If you have questions on eligibility, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual intake and approval process will open each calendar year in May and close, the earlier of December or when the annual funding available has been exhausted.
- Up to $8,000 per year
Eligible Funding Activities (examples of past projects)
- Weekly language lessons
- Virtual language lessons
- Language camp
- Reclaiming our Voice
- Language immersion sessions
How to Apply
- Download, review and complete the Language & Culture Grant Application.
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange a time to connect with you.
Please note the funds for this grant are exhausted for this year.
Open: May 15, 2023
Close: June 8, 2023 as funds were exhausted. Please check back May 2024.
Final Report Template
If you have completed your project, please download and complete the brief final report template and then send it to the contact listed on the form.