The Elder Grant program provides funding opportunities to elder groups in First Nation communities in British Columbia to improve access and the quality of elder experiences and activities for maintaining inclusion, belonging, cultural, emotional, mobility, health, and physical well-being.
Who Can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation Elder Groups
If you have questions on eligibility, please contact us by email at: email@example.com.
- The annual intake and approval process will open each calendar year in May and close, the earlier of December or when the annual funding available has been exhausted.
- Up to $8,000 per year
Eligible Funding Activities (examples of past projects)
- Elders out and about
- Elder luncheons and activities
- Documenting and preserving who we are
- Reconnecting elders
- Elder team building excursions
- Arts and crafts
- Elder sewing club
- Elders bound book
- Sharing in culture and traditional practices
- Digitization of elder stories and photos
- Elders fitness
How to Apply
- Download, review and complete the Elder Grant Application.
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a time to connect with you.
Please note the funds for this grant are exhausted for this year.
Open: May 15, 2023
Close: June 5, 2023 as funds were exhausted. Please check back next May.
Final Report Template
If you have completed your project, please download and complete the brief final report template and then send it to the contact listed on the form.